Seallam! Visitor Centre – We are hiring!
Job Title – Graduate Marketing Officer
Location – Northton, Isle of Harris (Possibility to work remotely with some time spent on site).
Contract Type – 12 month full-time post funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise. 35 hours per week.
Salary – £20,000 per annum + 3% Pension Contribution
Job Description Summary – Developing the marketing of the project including the new website, Heritage Lottery activities, genealogy and the pre marketing of the new Seallam! Hebrides People offer.
What we are looking for Summary– Graduate with a Degree in Marketing within the last four years.
Full Job Description and Person Specification below. If you wish to apply please send a CV and cover letter addressing why you are a suitable candidate to email@example.com.
Closing Date – Thursday 28th October at 5pm.
POST TITLE: Graduate Marketing Officer funded by HIE
(Fixed term – 12 months)
LOCATION: Seallam Visitor Centre, Northton, Isle of Harris
SALARY: £20,000 + 3% Pension Contribution
START DATE: November 2021
REPORTS TO: The Board of Northton Heritage Trust
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 28th October at 5pm. Please send your CV and Covering Letter outlining how you meet the essential criteria.
An exciting time for a marketing officer to join us at Seallam! as the project moves into a new phase which will see its physical foot print expand to provide world class exhibits around Harris and St Kilda, the genealogy of the Outer Hebrides and the unique landscape that makes up Harris. There is also planned to be student accommodation. It is a great opportunity to be part of shaping this exciting social enterprise going forward.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop and deliver marketing plans for the various aspects of Seallam! going forward.
- To review existing marketing with a view to preparing and delivering marketing plans around the various points below, all with the aim of increasing sales, visitor numbers and online traffic
- Marketing the existing Seallam! offer
- Marketing the Heritage Lottery project and its variety of courses and activities
- Input to the marketing aspects of developing the updated website and advising on the role of digital marketing in relation to the project
- Developing marketing and digital experiences for the new Harris and St Kilda experiences, together with marketing locally and globally the various offers
- Marketing our planned Community Share offer in late 2021
- Advance marketing our planned student accommodation facility
- Developing pre marketing plans for the planned Seallam! Hiort na Hearadh and Seallam! Outdoors
|Graduated with a Degree in Marketing within the last 4 years.||D1||Some practical work experience in building and delivering successful digital marketing campaign to reach defined target groups using a range of content, platforms and tools.
Skills and Abilities
|Able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in using the various Microsoft programs
Strong planning and organisational skills
Ability to work to tight deadlines
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
Ability to work to own initiative and prioritise workload
Ability to work as part of a team
Aptitude to lean new tools, software and techniques quickly and intuitively.
|Experience or knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or Canva
Experience or knowledge of Mail Chimp email software
Experience or knowledge of Google Analytics and Hootsuite
|D5||Full Driving Licence|